Friday, August 3, 2007

The Well Has Run Dry

Houses aren't the only things that suffer during a foreclosure, pools do too.
A public service announcement from I Can't Sell My House.

Have any suggestions of what you would like to see on this blog? I need some new inspiration, and am open to your ideas.

To the anonymous person who wanted to know the location of the homes I am posting about...most of these homes are in the San Joaquin Valley of California. Some are in the mid west as well, but you'll have to look further back to see those.

A few people have stated that it looks like desert here. I wouldn't call it desert, but it is dry in the summer months. There are a lot of dairies and almond/walnut orchards, vineyards, and fruit orchards in this area. It is situated in between the coastal mountains and the Sierra Nevada mountains. It does not rain in the summer...most of the rainfall is in the winter and that is when it greens up. We're within 1-2 hours of the beach and 1-2 hours of the mountains and snow skiing, etc. There is a shortage of water, and the Govenator has said we will be in serious trouble if we don't have an above average rainfall/snow pack this coming winter.

To answer another question, I get almost all of my aerial photos from a remote control plane with a digital camera on it. Sometimes I go up flying in a full scale plane, but that costs money.

Thanks to everyone for stopping by and leaving comments. I enjoy reading them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously? A "model" airplane? And here I thought I was getting bubble coverage from a REAL airplane! (Flight of the Phoenix, w/Jimmy Stewart) Marty Krueger played the "model" aeroplane designer if anyone is remotely interested.

Love it! This is a marvelous "angle"! Now if we could just get some "topless" coverage on some of those MEW (mortgage "equity" withdrawal) paid for, ahem, beauties!

Love the gas prices too! However, ahem, unless and until Ennio Morricone's solitary trumpet sounds upon surfing I'll have to reserve my "full approval".

DinOR

Telemill said...

I like the direction of your blog, it is very informative and really gives one a perspective of the housing market (a realistic perspective).

Why don't you invite others to take pictures of homes that can't sell and send them in to you. With comments. You can add your comments as well. Make sure they tell you all they know about the property. Where it is located, how long it's been on the market, etc.

Beach Cruiser said...

I bet these people are just helping combat The WEST NILE VIRUS...thats my guess...theres still plenty of water in the well...my neighbors show off every day and water there lawn...must be nice