Saturday, August 4, 2007

No, Really?

No, Really?

I really don't think we need a sign to tell us what we already know about this house. The yard says it all, but this is the first sign of admission I've seen around here.
In this part of the country, San Joaquin Valley, banks are not offering any deals on foreclosed houses. In fact, often they are higher than Joe Citizen down the street who takes care of his house and yard. No wonder banks are crying about how much they are hurting. If you do shady business, you get shady results.
During the flipping days, this is what you would look for, because you could put money into it and turn around and make a profit. Who wants to pay top dollar for something that is going to have to be fixed up?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just stumbled across your blog... and as someone living in Stockton, Cali, there are way to many homes that look exactly like this.

Part of me wishes that the banks would offer then lower, because then my husband and I could get a great deal on a new home. The other part is glad they want more, because then maybe my own condo's value will not tank.

I do not have any suggestions for what to add to the blog, as I have not really checked the whole thing out yet :)

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog since Tim referenced it last week at "The Mess That Greenspan Made."

It's excellent photojournalism. Your pictures are powerful. Sobering. The empty pool with the debris next to the painted turtle was especially poignant. I know there are bigger tragedies in the world, but you can imagine the kids having a great time there last summer, perhaps not so great this summer...

Beach Cruiser said...

UMMM.. talk about putting your old neighbors on FRONT STREET...this sign just screams HEY LOOK AT US! We went broke...bet they moved to another town where the chances of running into an old neighbor is slim. I read a book one time called the scarlet letter. Kinda reminds me of it. Ok I didnt read the book just the cliff notes.