Friday, August 17, 2007

Arizona's Caught Me By Surprise


I love Arizona...


This home, in Cave Creek, Arizona, is on the market for $850,000. It is a higher elevation, approximately 1500 to 2000 ft, so it is not super hot. You are basically paying for the view, which is awesome. Cave Creek is a small town north of Phoenix that is well kept and inviting. You can ride a horse right through downtown just like the old cowboy days. They have done a tasteful job developing the town. It isn't your typical cheesy tourist trap. A lot of locals enjoy the area too.

When it rains, it rains good. There are a lot of washes to channel the rain water, and it is not unusual to have to wait until the washes clear to get home. If you have never smelled a desert rain, you are missing out. It is out of this world.

A picture paints a thousand words
But the photographs don't tell it all
I see the eagle swim the canyon sea
Creation yawns in front of me
Oh Lord, I never felt so small

And the mountains sing Your glory hallelujah
The canyons echo sweet amazing grace
My spirit sails
The mighty gales are bellowing
Your name
And I've got nothing to say
No, I've got nothing to say

from
Nothing to Say
by Andrew Peterson


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Oh Lord, I never felt so small"

And neither will you in this 6,000 s/f debacle! Wait until you get your bill for the A/C!

Seriously, I'll bet there were a LOT of pretty (and vacant) canyons before the housing boom? Now they're littered with some builder (or other speculator's) BIG SCORE!

You know, in real estate the REAL money is always "in the NEXT deal"! And so it goes on... and on... and...

DinOR