Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Mister Rogers Doesn't Live Here


Mister Rogers is not my neighbor. Not even close. My neighbor, we'll call him, Mister Equitylonggone, can barely grunt when I say hello in passing him to and from the mailbox. You want to know why he is so miserable? I'll tell you...He Cannot Sell His House. His house has been on the market for at least six months with not one offer. He is stuck with a cheerleader/dance class behind him who practices EVERY night to gangsta music because they think they are the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, and he lives across the street from a guy who gets on his Harley nearly every morning at 6:30 a.m. and revs his motor several times before gunning it out of here. He has four foreclosures within a stones throw of him, and he has some damn renters living next door.

He commutes 2 hours to and from work, because I'm sure he thought he could come live around us valley hicks for a couple of years before selling out and making a killing and hightailing it back to civilization, aka, the SF Bay Area. I hate to be the one to say it, okay, maybe I don't, but his timing was way off.

I hope he enjoys the new renters after we are gone! Maybe the cheerleaders have some friends? Rah! Rah! Rah!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh.. who are the people
in your neighborhood?

In your neighborhood,

in your neighborhood?

Yeah, uh if you hadn't heard "Mr. Rogers" died! (I actually heard he truly was a nice guy and also had one HELL of a service record!)

No Mr. Rogers (and civility) died sometime back when each of us only had to "tolerate" our neighbors for the 2 years it took to "flip dat' house" and "move up" to the areas more to our liking. So instead of having neighbors you have more like "co-flippers" in an effort to "gussy up" your place just... a little nicer than theirs for the "big pay off".

Don't you just love it!?

DinOR

Anonymous said...

God almighty, you crack me up!

Anonymous said...

Quote: "I actually heard he truly was a nice guy and also had one HELL of a service record!"

Fred Rogers was NEVER in the service. Run his name in SNOPES.