Friday, June 4, 2010

Montana



This guest post written by Lorenzo Matthews

My wife and I have lived in Los Angeles (where we met) for over ten years. After we had Simon, we started thinking about moving. The area we lived in was expensive plus the apartment seemed to be shrinking. Funny how kids change everything. My family owns a lot of property in Montana where I grew up. My dad offered one of the rentals to us and even hired me as a property manager. So we moved.

Our new neighborhood lacks some of the cultural refinements of Los Angeles, but it sure is a lot quieter. Cindy joined the neighborhood watch to meet the neighbors because my job will force me to travel all over the state. She learned our new home is in a great area with good schools and low crime. So far the only reported crime we have noticed was under-age drinking at a high school dance.

But since I am on the road quite a bit, I did get Home Security In Montana. Now there is good exterior lighting and the property is wired into a reputable, local security company. Cindy is also getting a dog. Not for protection but just because we finally have a yard.

We have been here for over five months now. I feel a lot better on the road knowing the neighborhood is safe and our house is protected. You know you live in a pretty safe spot when the neighborhood watch spends most of its time deciding where to have the next barbeque.

No comments: