Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Moving Soon

Don't Move Your Belongings Like This Poor Guy

If all goes well, my wife and I will be moving into our new house in September. We found a house that was for-sale-by-owner, which is right up my alley. It is in a nice, quiet neighborhood, and I can hardly wait to start getting moving quotes to get us out of this loud neighborhood. Between the cheerleaders and their loud dance practices, and the gangsters across the street, I've had enough! In fact, I have been stalking the neighborhoods I am interested in buying in to make sure they are nice/quiet places to live. I don't mind hearing lawn mowers and kids playing, but the gangster rap and Harley motorcycle engines are worse than nails on a chalkboard to me. I live next to punks!

So, we're just waiting to be approved on our mortgage, which is looking good and then it'll be a go.

Since we have been in the market to buy a house we have looked at a lot of foreclosures and there are some rough ones out there. They may be priced $20,000 or so less, but they are going to take a big chunk of that to bring them up to par. Not just carpet and paint need to be replaced in the homes, but so do cabinets, tubs/showers, stove/oven ranges, windows, and that's just the inside. If you are a do-it-yourselfer, then it might be right up your alley, but I'm not going to kid myself. The lady we are buying is going to rent back from us for 60 days, because she has purchased a short sale that she is going to have to fix-up.

So this will be one neighborhood I will be happy to say so-long too. The snooty couple that lives next door in their $349,000 house that is oh, I don't know, say $100,000 over-priced, can eat my shorts for completely ignoring me every time I've smiled and said "hello." I hope he enjoys the new "renters." I'm sure he shudders every time that word leaves his mouth. Oh well, six out of 8 houses on the corner we live on are currently in foreclosure. Not looking so good for Mr. Expensive House who is paying nearly $5.00/gallon to commute to San Francisco every day.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finally finding an affordable house in a quiet neighborhood.

The loud motorcycles and loud people sounds like my neighborhood.

Fortunately most of my neighbors are very friendly, stop to talk with me & introduce me to their pets. With the exception of Mr. Club Music at 3:00AM, drives with his mouth open. What a disgusting pig, ho overpaid $150K for his house.

Unknown said...

I hope your not taking the "Plunge?"

I was thinking of waiting another year to buy a house.

Good luck.

Unknown said...

Hello!

I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.

man and van putney House Removals


Man and van putney House Removals