Saturday, February 16, 2008

TEXAS


I'm not even going to pretend to know the real estate market in Texas, but like any other place right now it is not immune to foreclosures. For some reason, when the times get tough in California, all of a sudden everyone knows someone who is moving to Texas or somewhere like it and then attempt to turn it into the mess they left behind in California. Some places are worse than others, but I think the larger cities would be better because of the jobs that a large city offers. Houston would be a good choice, because its close to the Gulf of Mexico. I've driven through Houston and thought it looked like a nice place, but then any place looks great when you're on vacation. Heh.

Another choice would be Austin. My wife has relatives there who relocated from southern California and they love it. The other choice would be Dallas due to all it has to offer. Like any big city it has its problems including a lot of foreclosures.

Do you live in Texas? What's the real estate market like? I've heard it has held on, but then you don't hear much about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's happening man?

I dig your blog and wanted to give you a quick insight about Texas, San Antonio specifically. Forgive the lack of grammer, it is tax season and I need to get ready for work.

Houses are cheap, some places you can get for $50 - $60 per square foot. Would I recommend these neighborhoods, maybe, maybe not. Typically, you may drop around 80 - 100 per foot for new construction in a middle to upper-middle class neighborhood. But do not let this fool you as most of these houses are 2,500 ft or larger. Then there is the property taxes, which approximate 3% of purchase price.

Damn, I am late, need to go. Bottom line Austin is cool, traffic blows, houses are a little more expensive, jobs pay more than SA, and least "Texas" city in my opinion. I am from SoCal and Austin would be my choice if I were to make this my perm. home. More to follow.

bradinsb said...

Thanks for the info

sell my house said...

I want to sell my house very fast. recently I have one decision that I want to shift my house in other area. so immediately need to sell my house. I think its a great opportunity for buyer.
sell my house