Monday, February 25, 2008

Pimpin' Howard Out Again

Pimpin' Howard Out Again

Our not so friendly neighbor is a San Francisco Bay Area transplant. I am sure he thought he could leave his bay area mortgage behind and move to a cheaper house in the valley, and make some big bucks since the over-inflated market was going so strong. Now he is stuck. And for some reason Howard loves to hike his leg in this man's yard. As much as I don't care for the guy, and wish he'd reconsider a taking up a San Francisco home loan, I do not let Howard do as he wishes. I guess my revenge is that our lease is up in 3 months, and we will most likely be moving. Who knows? Maybe the cheerleaders have some friends? Fortunately for him, the lady that we rent from is very persnickety.

Back to the real estate issue. How low will this market go? I keep thinking houses in the San Joaquin Valley will go back down to 1998 prices. People may just be better off staying in San Francisco and refinancing. Let's face it...those who live in San Francisco live there for a reason. They love it. The weather. The scenery. The arts/entertainment. The Rock. Angel Island. The Haight Ashbury district where it is fascinating to people watch. Fisherman's Wharf. Chinatown - don't go there alone. Pier 39. You get the picture. And there are many other things I have left out which you can leave to your imagination. I'll just say this: I've never seen a purple Santa Claus anywhere else.


No comments: