Monday, April 14, 2008

46 Years


Today I turned 46 years old. Here are a few things I've learned about myself:

  1. I do not like Christmas lights on houses past January 10th.
  2. THINGS CHANGE. The best advice I ever got from my mail man. Good things change, and bad things change. I thank God for that.
  3. Just because somebody lives in a big house and drives an expensive car does not mean they have life made.
  4. I would rather have a small house than a big house.
  5. I would rather have my freedom and flexibility and my small house than be a slave to a big house and lifestyle that is not for me.
  6. Have goals and don't give up on them.
  7. Don't be afraid to have your own opinions and don't be afraid to let others have theirs. It makes life more interesting.
  8. Avoid letting negative people have control in your life, and show your appreciation to the people in your life who bring you happiness.
  9. You never know when you might die. I almost drowned river rafting last summer with my brother-in-law. I'm not kidding and it was scary. There just so happened to be a rescue school practicing that day, and I'm not kidding about that either.
  10. Listen to your wife. Listen to her when she tells you to wear a life jacket, and don't just wear it until you have floated out of her site. And thank God if you have a praying wife.
  11. Have respect for others.
  12. Be humble. People will believe you more if you live it than if you go around spouting it off all the time.
  13. Do more listening than talking. This is hard for me sometimes.
  14. Dogs are great! Not all dog owners are.
  15. I have to do things as I think of them, otherwise I will forget. Part of being 46 years old I guess!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!@!!

bradinsb said...

Thank you. Im glad to see your still coming around.

Malcolm said...

you left out one important rule:

16. Never pass up a free lunch or a chance to go to the bathroom :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Sammi T. said...

I love your list. I need to make a list.
Houses here in Manitoba Canada, sell before the For Sale even goes up. Most have bidding wars and end up selling for more than they are worth. Nice blog!