Sunday, March 4, 2007

Havasu Where it all Started



This picture was taken in Lake Havasu City, Arizona, when one could buy a house for $109,000, and I did! I turned around and sold that house for $212,000 six years later.


I moved back to the midwest where I grew up, and where my wife was accepted into nursing school, but still follow the real estate market in Arizona and the west coast. Now that my wife is finished with nursing school, we are planning to move back out west and buy a house within a year.

I am making this blog to chronicle the real estate market, because that is what I enjoy doing. I am by NO MEANS a professional. This is just a hobby for me. I welcome comments and suggestions as I blog about real estate news and my opinions.

I chose the name for this blog, because that is how the real estate market seems right now. We just recently sold our home in Illinois after being on the market for over 90 days for $157,000, original list price of $169,500. Since then, similar houses are listing at $154,000, with one selling for $150,000. We are now renting until June, when we will be moving back out west, and will rent there for about a year to see how the market goes.

1 comment:

Sam Casley said...

Hi,

I've looked all over your housing blog, and I couldn't find any email/contact information for you. I run a new Real Estate website, and wanted to know if you do link exchanges. Our site is PropertyManagementGroups.com We'll be glad to add your link on the front page. Email me at cpolle@buildium.com if you could,

Thank you, Chris