Friday, August 5, 2011

Real estate in Hawaii

Of all the places in the entire USA Hawaii is high on my choice of dream places to live. Yeah I know its expensive, just look at the real estate in Hawaii. They are not too bad though considering it is almost a perfect climate. Maui real estate has held up pretty well, and time will tell if it comes down as much as California has.

Back in my living on a boat days, I had quite a few friends who sailed to Hawaii. Some stayed and others came back ASAP. Sailor Sam was one of them (great guy). Sam if you're out there I would love to hear more of your stories. For you clowns who think its a cake walk to sail there, or dream about it, just so you know its about a 12-16 day trip on a sailboat from California, depending upon how fast your boat is. There are not any places along the way to get food or anything else you may of forgotten. Its a long long sail. Unfortunately Walmart and Taco Bell have not made floating establishments yet, but if it was feasible you can bet Walmart would have done it by now. They'd be selling China made pirate eye patches and hook hands at reduced prices.

If you do get to Hawaii, don't forget to look at some Hawaii real estate. If you're there send me a real estate catalog. I collect them much to my wife's dismay. She made me throw out a stack of them today, and it broke my heart.

So, if you are reading this at work right now, and you're hating your job because your boss is a complete tool, and you want to pretend you are working really really hard on that really really important research project check out the Kauai MLS instead. Dream about telling your boss to stick it as you rip off your tie and storm out of the office because YOU ARE MOVING TO HAWAII!!!

No comments: