Sunday, April 11, 2010

Carolina on My Mind

Smoky Mountains

I have never been to the Smoky Mountains, but have always held them in a mystical sort of way in my mind. Pictures, as always, never do a location enough justice. Nonetheless, I sometimes like to imagine what it would be like to live in different parts of the country. It is a wanderlust that I come by rightfully from my father.

I am always trying to convince my wife to do travel nursing. It would be great to go for 2 to 3 months at a time to get the feel of a new region. Although I am not a fan of apartment living, for the obvious reasons (noise, smells, people) I think I could tolerate anything if I am enjoying myself, or at the worst know I am only obligated for 60 to 90 days.

When an advertiser for Durham, NC Apartments showed up in my inbox, I could not help but be interested. Their apartments look very clean and well maintained. They also have High Point, NC Apartments and Charlotte, NC Apartments. Some of the 3 bedroom floor plans have nearly 1200 sq. ft.

The grass may not be greener on the other side, but it is always good to get out and experience life while you are able.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should download Fleet Foxes' "Blue Ridge Mountains" song...really captures that area's beauty