Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Brick Wall Cable Company



I don't know about you, but there are times when I have been dealing with the local cable company that I just want to bang my head against a brick wall. The customer service is horrible. I will go out of my way to avoid dealing with them. I have been thinking about switching to satellite TV, and looking into Direct TV for my entertainment needs.

I am somewhat of a cheapskate, but have come to the realization that I don't mind paying more for the same service if it means that I will be treated like a valued customer. We used to have DirectTV when we lived in Arizona and then again in Illinois, and I was pretty happy with it. In fact, we had Directv when we were on the boat in Santa Barbara, so that brings back some happy memories. Ahhh....when life was simpler.

It seems that that is what people are longing for these days, a simpler time. Back when life was more innocent and kind. When companies treated you like they were happy for your business, not put out by you like they are doing YOU the favor.

Did that time ever exist? Why yes it did, and I'm glad I got to experience a part of it.

No comments: