Friday, January 30, 2009

Cars



I have been doing some traveling lately, mostly due to my work. To my surprise I have seen quite a few new cars on the road, and one of them I see a lot is the Hyundai Genesis. It's a nice car, and although I am not in the new car market this is one I would be looking at if I were. Another car would be the Toyota Corolla. My wife used to have a Toyota Corolla before she met me, and she is a such sweetheart and would let her then 16 year old brother borrow the car. I've heard some stories about how she'd come out to her car in the morning and find mud on the bottom and tumbleweeds sticking out from underneath. According to her brother, that car took a beating and kept on running like a charm. It's still a touchy family subject.

The choices are hard for me because I would need a nice tow vehicle. I like to be on the water, so I need something to tow a boat or jet ski, and I like the look of the Toyota Land Cruiser. I know a few people with these and they love it.

If you are into getting really good gas mileage, then the
Toyota Prius is the car for you. You get 48mpg in the city and 45mpg on the highway. The good thing about the high MPG, is you can drive a long ways and not have to stop to gas up. All I would be stopping for is to let Howard out. I wonder which vehicle Howard would like the best? My guess is the Toyota Land Cruiser. He's a big guy and would need more space than a Prius.

No comments: